Monday, October 6, 2008

It was a Messy Kitchen weekend!

I am so backed up on this blog!! There is always a lot of cooking going on around here!

But let me just tell you about our awesome weekend - we went with 6 of our friends to a cabin at Deep Creek Lake and had the best time, and of course, had a lot of good food. A highlight for Erol was seeing his old kegerator again, which the Nelsons and Garcias brought with them! Eric had it filled with Sierra Nevada Anniversary Ale. We ate meatball subs, Marcelo's grilled chicken thighs (sorry, I cannot spill his secret recipe), bacon and eggs for breakfast, real s'mores around the campfire, etc. These were my contributions, and I will be posting the recipes although unfortunately I do not have pictures for most of them:

Spinach Dip Ole
Onion Dip
Chocolate Pie with Oreo Crust
Monkey Bread (aka Bubble Bread)
Peanut Butter & Jelly Bars
Brie en Croute

3 comments:

Mommy said...

Oooh...the pics are the highlights?!!? Oh well...still, can't wait to see the recipes.

Sam said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Did you take Andy with?

Jamie said...

Yes, Andy had so much fun! I just posted about it on the Hak Shack blog. You have to start a blog for Katie so we can keep up with her!