Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I met Ina Garten!!

Andy and I went to Ina Garten's book signing at Sur La Table in Arlington today!! We waited patiently in line for 90 minutes, outside in the cold and inside the store which was very crowded with people and merchandise. Luckily I had enough toys and snacks for the boy so he was content in his stroller the whole time. This trip could easily have been disastrous if he failed to cooperate. Here's our first glimpse of Ina! We thought we were getting close, but inside the line wrapped around the entire store, so we weren't even half way yet at this point.In the ROOM!
So, it's not exactly a picture with Ina Garten, more like we're in the same frame, but at least she's smiling.
She talked to Andy over her table, asked his name and remarked how well behaved he was. The lady in front of us agreed he was very patient (Good Boy!!). There was a pause while she was signing my books, so I go "I'm a big fan." I'm such a dork! But she did chat with me for about 10 seconds, so that was nice of her.

Here are a few recipes I plan on trying out soon:
Parmesan & Thyme Crackers
Roasted Potato Leek Soup
Coq au Vin
Dinner Spanakopitas
Chive Risotto Cakes
Orange Pecan Wild Rice
Brownie Pudding
Easy Sticky Buns
Homemade Granola Bars
French Apple Tart

No comments: