Monday, September 29, 2008

Thanks for breakfast!

I just had to interject with this random post because how cool is this - my friend Pepsi just dropped off for me a homemade personal sized 7-Layer (minus one layer) Dip! And 100% chance I'm totally having it for breakfast right now. Well it's almost 10:00 so we can call it brunch! I'm not that into breakfast foods during the week, so most of the time I just wait for lunch or eat it really early anyway so this is right up my alley.

Thank you Pepsi!

My kitchen will be messy again later today - I'm going to roast a chicken and try making challah bread. I wanted to mention that so I don't chicken out posting about the challah if it doesn't turn out well; I'll let you know either way! There is a Chinese chicken and vegetable dish that I still need to post, and I am working on a simple chocolate cream pie recipe. Not ready to post that one yet, it still needs some work (and believe me I don't mind practicing eating chocolate pies so who knows how long this project will take!).

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Ok--So much to comment on:
First, Pepsi, you rule! How sweet was that? I had a Bio teacher who told us once that it doesn't matter what you eat for b-fast as long as you eat b-fast.... So, 7-layer dip sounds good to me!
Second-My mom and I used to make challah bread when I was younger. Yummy! I can't wait to see/hear how yours turns out.
Third-I will be happy to offer my services as taster of chocolate cream pies! You tell me when and where and I will be there! Hee Hee Hee!
Have a great day.

Mommy said...

The guacamole was "Wholly Guacamole" I usually make my own but the avocados were not on my side this weekend. I'm sure being the great chef you are you have figured out all the ingredients...The only kick is the special seasoning...the Benken seasoning (shhh!). Kyle's family prides themselves on all their mexican dishes. I would be disowned if I passed any of it on...