Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Not-Cook Books

I have read some great books about food, and while I do read cookbooks like novels, there are other books on food besides cookbooks! Here are the ones that I can remember - I have read more but can't think of the titles... I know there was one on chocolate but I don't recognize it on Amazon.com; sometimes I check out the books at the library.

What Einstein Told His Cook: Kitchen Science Explained by Robert L. Wolke
The Sharper Your Knife, the Less You Cry: Love, Laughter, and Tears at the World's Most Famous Cooking School by Kathleen Flinn
My Life in France by Julia Child
Julie and Julia: 365 Days, 524 Recipes, 1 Tiny Apartment Kitchen by Julie Powell
Food in History by Reay Tannahill
Made From Scratch: A Memoir by Sandra Lee
Currently reading: Garlic and Sapphires: The Secret Life of a Critic in Disguise by Ruth Reichl
Reading next: Cooked: From the Streets to the Stove, from Cocaine to Foie Gras by Jeff Henderson

I was going to start a list of books on food that I would like to read, but there are just so many! Ruth Reichl (the current editor of Gourmet Magazine) is an interesting person so I'd like to read her other books. I'd also like to read some from Alice Waters, James Beard, and Anthony Bourdain.

No comments: